Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Omega 3's...Get some!




Oh how I enjoy Sushi, but I just don't think I could attempt to eat Raw Fish from home. I grabbed some organic deep sea Mahi Mahi and Made some fishey taco's I had been craving for over a week. I Served them in a cabbage leaf instead of corn shell, made some homemade salsa and "Ta-Da" a great dinner for the whole family! I marinated the fish the night before and prepped the sauce and salsa so that I could just whip them up when it was near dinner time. Hope you like them!

Mahi Mahi Taco's
serves 4

Sauce:
4 ounces of plain goat yogurt
2-3 pinches of each
coriander
cumin
chili powder
garlic powder
sea salt
mix together well and set aside till ready to eat

Take 2-3 Mahi Mahi steaks and place them in a large zip lock bag
For marinade juice 4 lemons
mix with juice from 1 inch ginger root
mix with 3 pinches of each: sea salt, pepper, paprika,chili powder and 2 cloves minced fresh garlic
soak for a couple hrs or over night then cook over med heat until done serve in cabbage leave with additional chopped cabbage, a pinch of fresh cilantro and sauce.

For the salsa, I just used the Taco salsa from previous recipe and added papaya.

ENJOY!!!

1 comment: