Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Don't forget to eat your breakfast!


I am telling this to myself. Today as I ran to the next place I needed to be, I realized that I had not eaten a thing and my cell said it was close to 2 pm. Thank goodness I had a loose avocado in my car from last nights shopping trip and my crazy driving, which caused it to fall out of the grocery bag.

I just finished juicing oranges and some carrots to mix together in the morning just in case I forget again! Today I met with the sweetest couple, which were visiting from the UK. I can not wait to visit England!(after Paris) We chatted up health, Raw food eating and life in general, I get so excited when someone shares a passion for Health and Living! I am already excited for their next stay when I can share some new recipes with them!
I have been asked 4 times this week "How does one eat Raw? Where do you start?" So to clear the air, I am not 100% Raw. I am close to 85%, and some days 100% but I believe some things are just meant to be eaten cooked! Take brown rice for instance, I have tried soaking that stuff for hours on end, it just does not get soft nor does it taste good to me. Raw means living food in its natural state, not heated above 105*. I have also heard 118* is still alive, But I like to keep on the safe side. It is after 105* that the enzymes in food begin to die, then turning it to cooked food( dead food). Where does one begin? I would say that each person needs to do what is good for their own body, I choose to eat all Raw until dinner, then I enjoy a small portion of wild fish, salad, brown rice, organic chicken, the list can go on. I feel better when I choose to eat this way and my body has the entire evening to just relax and digest what it has consumed.
Tonight I made some Raw oat meal cookies, I had some leftover dried cranberries and dried apple slices and mixed them in the batter as well and they are even better than before! I will do this from now on. Feel free to omit the items you may not have on hand and just have fun with them!


OAT MEAL FRUIT COOKIES:
1 cup raw oats
1 teas sea salt
1/3 cup cocoa nibs
1 T cinnamon
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 cup raw almond butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
10 chopped dates

pulse in food processor
then toss in bowl and add

1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup dried coconut
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup cranberries
1/4 cup dried chopped apples
roll into small balls and Enjoy! store in fridge for about a week!

1 comment:

  1. Made these tonight. I didn't have any dried apples but I did have dried goji berries (go figure) and those worked great!

    ReplyDelete