Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Antioxident rich, Iron, Brain food




There is a lot of good stuff in this one little torte. Though this dessert is not as appealing to the eyes as many of the other desserts I have tried, it is full of enough flavor to compensate! Made with a base of walnuts and raisins you will get both Omega 3's and Iron in one yummy piece. I love that walnuts have been called "brain food." Look at the little guy, it looks just like a mini brain to me! hehe
This Recipe was given to me by the amazing Rhonda Nelson, Owner of 'Restoration Health' over on Victor. She is Fantastic and full of good knowledge. Speaking of Restoration Health, anyone wanna join me On the 15th? I will be there listening to some info on liver cleansing.....That should be fun!
Oh before I share this EASY, Yummy, one kitchen tool recipe.....I wanted to answer Charis question. When I "soak and dry" my almonds, I soak them over night, then dry them in the dehydrator while I am at school or over night as well. Sorry for the misunderstanding!


Date Nut Torte

2 cups raisins
2 cups walnuts
1 1/4 teas cinnamon
1 cup soaked, pitted dates (about 1/2 hr)
1 organic lemon, juiced

Blend first four ingredients in a food processor till well combined
form into shape (circle or square)on serving plate
in the same food processor,combine dates and enough lemon juice + date Soak water (maybe a teas)
to create a creamy mixture.
spread on base and refrigerate 1 hr. ENJOY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment