Sunday, January 10, 2010

Chocolatey Goodness


These are the Easiest lil treats to make and only takes a few moments. If Ever I crave something really sweet, not just fruit sweet, really Dangerous chocolate bar/cake kinda sweet,these lil treats always come to my aid. You will find these in my fridge more often than not anytime of the year, as they do not require a seasonal fruit or vegi. The Kids love them as well!

Chocolate Macaroons:
4 cups organic dried coconut flakes
1 cup Raw cocoa powder
1 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup agave
3/4 cup coconut butter
pinch of sea salt

In a large mixing bowl mix together coconut and cocoa powder. A wooden spoon works best.
Add remaining ingredients and make sure to blend well so no chunks of coconut butter remain.
Use an ice cream scoop or just your hands and form in to little balls. Place in the fridge for 1/2 hr and enjoy...sometimes I just leave a little in the bowl and grab a spoon and enjoy! This just may become one of your favorite little indulgences and you won't feel guilty grabbing another ;o) these will store for a week or even a bit more in the fridge in an air tight container!
ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Sky! Question! Does Carob powder work the same as Cocoa Powder?

    And where do you get most of your raw foods and supplies? I am wanting to start playing with some raw recipes and stuff and am trying to accumulate some of the basic ingredients to play with! Any suggestions of basics that are just good to have around and that i can make a lot of different things with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie, If you prefer Carob, go for it! Have fun. I am not a big fan of carob but my hubby loves the stuff. As to where I buy most of my Organic produce? Holiday on p[lacer is my fav, then Orchard, rayleys would be 4th and then Trader Joes ;o) Basics to have around? Hum, I would say Nutts, And AGAVE! YUM !Q!! I LOVE AGAVE! hope that helps

    ReplyDelete