Sunday, January 17, 2010

A little bit of this, a little bit of that...





Jackfruit. I had never heard of such a thing until last night. While running into the Lao Market to grab my case of ordered coconuts, I noticed quite a strange looking fruit sitting on the counter. The owners just Love when I come in as I'm like a little child in a candy store, giddy and full of questions. When I asked about it, she described it to me and said it was $7.99 for one piece, but when I hesitated she said it was half off for me as she wanted me to try it and come back and tell her what I thought. I took it to the Fam's house and we all shared in this new fun fruit. I would describe it as a cross between a mango and a pineapple, very sweet and sticky. So if you get a chance try it out sometime it is quite an experience!


Yummy
So how does one have a special drink and still have it healthy and Raw?
I shall Share.
I grabbed Sarma's new book "Living Raw Food: and found a yummy treat for tonight!
This Martini is nothing like I've ever had (which is not too many) and so much better!

Strawberry Martini
2 cups frozen strawberries
1/2 cup pineapple
1 cup namazake (Raw sake)
1/2 cup coconut water
1/4 cup agave
Blend well and garnish with more fresh fruit!
Enjoy!

Now Before I go, I have just one more YUMMY DISH! I have not had one person not like this dish, even tonight over dinner my dad begged me to bring him some tomorrow which I shall do. This is one of the easiest and yummiest simple lunches, you can put this over a salad, or on some yummy brown rice bread for the kido's lunches! I am always praised when I remember to make this the night before school! This is from the RAWVOLUTION book here goes:

Mock Tuna Salad:
3 cups soaked raw sunflower seeds ground in food processor
4 stalks chopped celery
5 green onions chopped
1/4 cup dill
mix together in large bowl

For the dressing
1 1/2 cup coconut water
6 gloves minced garlic
1 cup fresh lemon juice
1 T sea salt
2 1/2 cup Raw macadamia nuts
1/2 cup stone ground mustard
Blend all well in vita mix and toss with salad mix.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment