Thursday, January 21, 2010

Give Me Energy, Give Me Green



Last night I set my alarm the same way I do every night, with 10 snooze hits before I actually have to get out of bed. I have never been an early riser. If I had my way I would sleep in 'til 9 every morning. In the Morning I need to bump up my brain power. As I pulled the cilantro out of the fridge, the kitchen was filled with the best aroma of Green! Also known as Coriander and Chinese Parsley, Cilantro is one of my favorite herbs! Great in salsa but even better in this smoothie. First time I had this smoothie I was at a raw food pot luck and picked up this tiny dixie cup up, half full. What a Tease! Cilantro is also a great aid in Digestion, and rich in Vita C. Throw in an orange and a lime and you might just have a prevention for the common cold.

Green drink
1 peeled valencia orange
2 peeled key limes
1/2 cup cilantro (just the leaves)
1/4 avacado
1/4 cup coconut water (or purified water)
1 T agave
Blend well then add one cup of Ice if you like...Yum
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I found your blog! This drink is such a pretty color I would try it just for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm. I just made one. It's been too long. These are one of my favorite drinks ever. And I have almost commented on each of your recipes. I promise, I'm not a stalker. ;)

    ReplyDelete