Sunday, January 24, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things

Back pack packed...Check
Raw Taco's made for Lunch tomorrow...Check
A big bowl of Double Chocolate Gelato with a cherry on top after studying so hard...Check
Not feeling guilty cuz it was only 8pm and all fruit no sugar...Check

These Taco's are some of my Mom's Favorite. She requested them often, that is until she got a food processor of her own.
I like that you can make the Raw Taco meat long before you are going to eat it, and then its so fast and easy to grab when your in a hurry.
I use to make a great taco shell made from ground raw corn, red peppers and spices that were then dehydrated and cut into circles. I now enjoy just wrapping it all in a collard green or Romain shell as I did tonight.
I always make a Homemade Raw Salsa, feel free to make your favorite or I included what I did tonight as it is very fresh and yummy!

Raw Taco's
Raw Meat:
2 cups walnuts (or pecans if allergy)
2 teas cumin
1 Tablespoon corriander
1 teas Paprika
2 Tablespoons chopped red onion
1 Table spoon Nama shou (or Tamari)

Process Nuts in food processor then add remaining ingredients. Set asside

For Salsa:
chop all in small pieces and mix well
1 Tomato
1 mango
2 Kiwi
I green pepper
1 red pepper
1/2 cup cilantro
2 avocado's
2 Jalapeno's
1 lime juiced
1/2 onion
salt and pepper
Assemble Taco's and Enjoy, Some people Like Raw cheese on it as well so feel free to try both ways!
ENJOY!!!!


Raw Chocolate Gelato Sunday
5 cups Raw coconut meat
1 banana
1 cup Raw Cocoa (or 1/2 cup cocoa nibs)
1/2 Vanilla bean (or vanilla)
3/4 cup Maple syrup
1/2 cup agave
3/4 cup coconut water/milk
1 cup coconut oil ( liquify in dehydrator at 90*)
pinch of sea salt (Celtic is my fav)

Blend well and then put in ice cream maker, top with Raw syrup (1/2 cup coconut oil, 1 cup maple, 3/4 cup cocoa powder)and fruit of your choice.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Omg! What a good looking dinner. I thought the walnut filling had to be dehydrated, so this recipie is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the walnut meat, even though I had to substitute chili powder and curry powder for the cumin and corriander(where did they go?) it was delicous, even without the whole salsa, just tomatoe and cilantro on lettuce...I like the inspiration you give me :)

    ReplyDelete